Monday, May 5, 2008

Bloody Lake

Well, I made it back home last night about 6:20.

What a good weekend. Mostly. Parts of it I would like to forget. And I would guess there are other people who would like to forget it as well.

I arrived Thursday morning a little after 10:00. Wil, Red, Ark Builder, the Marine, and the Man From Ohio were already there. The Man From Ohio had a wall tent set up that he was trying to sell, so I just crashed in with him versus setting up my own (why waste the effort). And the weather proved this to be a good idea. We were fighting rain most of Thursday afternoon, Friday, Friday night, and Saturday morning. Some heavy. Some not. A thunderstorm Friday night. Some high winds. But we have all camped in worse.

On Friday night Contagion, Ktreva, and Clone arrived for there first time to this event. They made it in after a hard rain but it was not raining when they arrived.

Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday, the clouds finally moved out and it got warm and sunny. My face has my usual rendezvous sunburn. Red face with a line across my forehead, which makes me look like I am a quart low.

The Company meeting on Saturday afternoon went pretty well, at least from my perspective. The rain had moved out of the area by the time of the meeting. The big item on the agenda was the election of the 2009 Bourgeois. When it finally came down to election time, we were left with two guys still nominated-at one point we had 5 nominations. The vote was pretty uneventful. We also added 3 new members to the Company.

All in all, a pretty darn good weekend.

2 comments:

Contagion said...

Wait, you didn't post a certain video. Why not?

Petey said...

There is no video. You are mistaken.