Monday, August 24, 2009

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The resolution that had been obtained, has been lost.

And I'm so mad I can't see straight.


Back in June, I talked about arriving at a resolution to a long running problem. I thought the issue was dead.

Until today. I finally took the new Stoeger out to use during some dog training. Since I wasn't actually shooting any birds, just trying to mix gunfire with retrieving, I was using 12 gauge poppers (a.k.a. blanks). But that shouldn't matter since a) the Stoeger Uplander does not up operate on recoil, and b) the problem was with the first barrel. Yes, ladies and gents, brand new shotgun that it took a year of bullshit to finally get to replace the malfunctioning gun, has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fired 10 or 12 rounds of blanks during training, and had two not fire.

Needless to say, I am slightly pissed.

So next time I go to Peoria, the shotgun goes back and I am going to get something different. I don't know if it will be another shotgun, a rifle, or a pistol. But it sure as hell ain't going to be a Stoeger Uplander.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes do it! That shotgun sucks massive balls! 1911...awesome. Stoeger...very very dissapointing. It shoots straight but it just doesn't go off all the time. Honestly my crappy little Mossburg works better then that!

Petey said...

I thought I had the problem solved. But the new shotgun has the same problem as the old one. And I'm not going through the same stupid song and dance for another freaking YEAR!

I made a list of other potential replacements. Maybe I will share it tonight.

og said...

Dude- I just shot a Remington SPR310. Awesome shotgun for a couple hundred bucks. Stainless receiver. Regulated barrels. Replaceable chokes. Single trigger. Selective ejection Stock... well, it has a stock.

Seriously, though. A rugged, reliable over/under. Cheap. Not horribly ugly. Made by Baikal. Don't know if a double was what you were hoping for, but this one is nice.

Petey said...

Og-

I like doubles, and have a nostalgic spot for SxS. I inherited an old Acme Arms Belgian Royal Damascus 12 ga. SxS with water buffalo horn inlays. I bought the original Stoeger Uplander after I had very good luck with a Stoeger Condor O/U.

I'm thinking about at Tikka T3.

Anonymous said...

I just bought a Stoeger Uplander 12 Gage. No firing problems so far. My barrel breaks over under its own weight also.
I have done a lot of reading and Here is what I have concluded. Single Trigger (Problems) Double trigger (Decent Gun)