Sunday, February 15, 2009

Standing on Principles

While cruising through the blogroll, I saw a short video on Snowflakes in Hell of Rep. John Boehner making a speech Friday in the House of Representatives about the $800,000,000,000 SPENDING BILL (this pile is not a stimulus).

Well, Sebastian's clip was only 36 seconds and just a clip. When the video finished, I looked at the related videos and found the entire speech.




$30,000,000 for a mouse? What the hell are we doing, giving it its own Disney World? Now, let me clarify-I believe in wetlands conservation and restoration. I am a waterfowl hunter. Wetlands are habitat for one of my passions. However, I am not niaeve enough to think that the $30,000,000 in this bill will in any way stimulate ANYTHING (is it just a coincidence that these wetlands and these $30,000,000 are going to Speaker Pelosi's, a Democrat, home district?) Or $8,000,000,000 to build a rail system from L.A. to Vegas. What the hell for? Oh, I know more gambling money. It sure is handy that the Senate Majority Leader is Harry Reid, a Democrat from NEVADA!

Just listen to Rep. Boehner's speech. Listen as he talks about the "change" in the Beltway.

No comments: