Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It is almost like a quick kick in the nuts.,

So, for the last almost month, I have been e-mailing back and forth with a young lady. I can see some potential with this, but don't want to rush anything.

Then today, I get a call from one of my very good friends of the Motley Crew called me to inquire if I was currently seeing anyone. For you see, it looks like his sister is going to be moving to our area in Illinois and he was looking to help her meet people and possibly set her up on a blind date. The last blind date I went on was just about 4 years ago. It was one date and nothing ever became of it. Now, technically, I have seen my friends sister (13 months ago at his wedding) so it is not totally blind. But anyway, I digress.

The thing about it for me is that, even though I have never spoken to or actually met the young lady I have been e-mailing, I feel it would be wrong to go on a blind date with someone else.

Am I way to old fashioned?

3 comments:

Contagion said...

you're not in a relationship yet, so it's okay to test the waters. Plus what is it going to hurt?

Anonymous said...

I disagree.

If you are actually interested in the girl you are e-mailing ask her to meet up, don't go on the other date until you have clarified the e-mail relationship status.

Girls can be real strange about this sort of thing, best to err on the side of old fashioned.

Anonymous said...

just go on the date. If you have problems with calling it a date then just go out to have a good time and see if you click.