Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Who the heck am I

I am Petey.

A 25 year old single guy. I am a hunter, archer, woodworker, canoe paddle maker, shooter, Living History Re-enactor, pro 2nd-Amendment, Right Wing Conservative, and a Freemason (yes, those Freemasons, the ones that really run the world (just kidding)).

I am a farm boy. My great grandparents bought the house I grew up in in 1942. When my older brother was born, he became the 4th generation to live in the same house. My family has an 800 farm. We have hogs, cattle, and raise corn and soybeans. A little bit of pasture ground. We also have a recycling business.

My education background: I spent my entire primary and secondary education in the same school system. The same one my brother and dad attended. My entire high school was 215 students. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I attended the local Junior College and got a degree in Agriculture (farm boy). Then transferred to Western Illinois University and earned a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, and graduated with a 4.0 GPA (4.0 scale). I was in a professional agricultural fraternity while in college.

I work in the construction industry. Originally in General Contracting, I now work for an HVAC contractor, where I estimate jobs, manage work, do CAD drafting, and manage the safety program. On jobsites, I can become a safety nazi. But in my first job I learned to monitor safety and lots of proper safety practices. And then, I went through the horrible ordeal of having a worker on a jobsite lose his life in a jobsite accident. I really screwed with my head for a while. But at least now, I don't think about it every day.

Like I said earlier, I am a Freemason. I am a (at least) 4th consecutive generation Master Mason. 3rd generation in the same local Blue Lodge, and a 3rd generation Worshipful Master of the local Lodge. I was raised in October of 2002 and it has made a profound impact on my life.

I am also a Living History Re-enactor. I portray a farmer/hunter in the Illinois Country in about 1765. I travel to about 15 events a year. All the way to Northern Wisconsin and to Central Florida. And there are a bunch of other events all over the country I want to attend. There will be lots more on this as the world continues to turn.

Hunting is a lifelong passion of mine. Mostly I prefer to hunt birds and predators. But I do some deer hunting as well. In the spring, I will be getting my first hunting dog. A Spinoni Italiano. There will be lots on this as we get closer to the arrival of "Thor." (Yes, I already have the name picked out)

So stick around. It should be really interesting. And if I piss you off at some point, GET OVER IT. Welcome to the United States of America. I have the right to say what I want. It is MY OPINION!!!! If you don't like MY OPINION, you have the right to LEAVE. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Contagion said...

Go Leathernecks!

You left out that you can't handle your beer.

Petey said...

Is that a challenge? I have drank a 30 pack in a night, a 32oz. beer in 10 seconds and a can of beer in 3.3 seconds. Scaly tits have a strange effect on me though. But I can DEFINITELY handle my beer.

But it usually takes liquor to get me really drunk.

Crazy Dog Lady said...

I would put off naming the pupper until you meet him(?). The name you picked out before meeting him might not actually fit him.

Quality Weenie

ps - add the option for signing in that has the nickname/url option, please!

KTreva said...

Well hello there! It's about damned time you've joined us!

Peter said...

Well, climb onto something high and look toward northeast Texas. See that? That was me shooting two rounds of blackpowder shells from my mule ear double in welcome to the blogosphere.

Bruce Wayne said...

Welcome Petey!!

Sorry you associate with Contagion