Monday, February 25, 2008

Life sucks when your sick

I have been remiss is posting for several days. Mostly because I have been fighting a nasty head and chest cold.

Started feeling less than chipper Friday at work. Friday night go to a couple of very good friends house, where I basically go every night. Omar Squatch had gone home from work early Wednesday feeling ill. And Friday night was still feeling the effects of it. Friday-Dog was not feeling well either. We made for a fine trio.

Saturday morning I got up and went to a benefit breakfast for a volunteer fire department in a nearby town-where I have some friends on the department and many more friends in the district. After breakfast, I came back to town and went over to the friends' house again. Dog was on the couch and not moving much. Omar Squatch was starting to come out of it and on the computer playing some games. I sat in my favorite chair and for the next 12 hours got up once. Took a couple of naps. And that was it.

Sunday, got up about 10:00. Then fell asleep in front of the space heater in the bathroom. Strange I know, but it was WARM (I have my waterbed turned up to 100+), and slept there for another hour.

Friday and Saturday night I had slept for 4 and 5 hours in the same spot respectively. Microfleece shirt, flannel lounge pants, socks, and a quartz space heater with temp at its highest setting less than 2 feet away. A good way to help sweat out those damn germs. Little Bastards.

But I digress. Anyway, back to Sunday. After a hot shower, back to friends' place (might as well be sick in good company), and sorta repeat Saturday, but I am able to get up a few more times, and actually eat another meal about 9:00pm-the first since breakfast Saturday.

Monday morning. The chest feels mostly clear, but sinuses are still FULL and running. Have gone to work and am pounding down coffee to help with the sore throat. Slowly getting this thing whipped.



Maybe our nannystate government should do something about this. I DEMAND an immediate ban to all germs, bacteria, and viruses that make people sick. Because as we all know, when the government bans something, it solves all the problems because no one and nothing would dare break a law.



I must be feeling better, I have a bit of my cynical side back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red says:
Three words to cure it. Hot Green Tea. Had a really bad cold one time & Sari had me drink green tea. Within 2 days I was feeling better. I've been drinking a cup everyday while being around Wil & Noah and have managed so far not to catch their colds. Probably jinxed myself by telling you that!