Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beautiful Sight

I had a package delivered the other day. It is a thing of beauty. So I had to share.

It is something that I don't talk about much on here (or probably ever), but I am a bit of a cigar aficionado. When I was in college, where some people experiment with drugs, I experimented with the finer things in life. There was a little tobacco shop in town and I happened in one day. On the shelf of their walk-in humidor, was a box of cigars in glass tubes. A sticker in the corner of the lid of the box said "Rated 90 in Cigar Aficionado." So I bought a couple. They were fantastic.

I bought several more during my time in college and would also try several other cigars.

After graduation, I continued to occasionally enjoy fine cigars but very few shops I went to carried the particular brand I had grown fond of.

I did find a continuous source of them through a catalog, finally.

Fast forward to this year. I have been serving as the Bourgeois of the ONW Company for the last year and in February, I will finish my term at our annual winter camp. Along with that, over Christmas, I have some friends coming in from out of state. And when friends gather, there is nothing better than catching up over good cigars.

So in preparation of these events, I went searching for the original brand that I found.

Normally, I found these in boxes of 5 cigars. But in my searching, I found a box of 20! Jackpot. So I just wanted to share the pleasure of fine cigars with you.

I present, Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta.

2 comments:

Contagion said...

I used to love cigars. Now I don't dare even try one because it just makes me want to take up smoking again.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good - and man I miss just the smell of the humidor when you walk in. I haven't had a good puff of tobacco in forever due to moving into an apartment that doesn't allow smoking. Come warm weather again I may have to find myself a good sittin' spot outside though so I can either enjoy something like this or dust off one of my trusty pipes again...