Monday, December 1, 2008

Great Music Monday-Wexford Carol

There is no beating around the bush. I LOVE Christmas. From the Advent season all the way through. The anticipation of the greatest gift ever given. I love the evergreens and what they symbolize. The joy and peace is simply amazing.

So, whether you like it or not (this is my blog after all), from now until Christmas and maybe for a week or two after, GMM will be dedicated to the sounds of Christmas-and not the commercialized Christmas, but the true meaning of Christmas. You may hear some of your seasonal favorites, or maybe some that are new to you.

That is how this weeks selection is for me. I had heard of the Wexford Carol before, but don't ever recall hearing it. Then, the other night I was cruising YouTube for Christmas music and happened to play a video of Méav Ní Mhaolchatha (pronounced MAYV- Knee-Wheel-kha-ha) of Celtic Woman performing this Carol. I was completely blown away. The carol is the story of the Nativity and to hear Méav sing, it is as if you are the sheperds in the fields and hearing the song of the Angels when they appeared in the night proclaiming "Fear Not."


No comments: