Monday, December 15, 2008

Great Music Monday-This Christmas Day

I am still on a high from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert Saturday night. If you haven't ever been to one of their shows, you really need to go. I don't care if you are not a rock music fan or whatever, theirs is music that transcends age and genre. My grandmothers who are both in the 80's have gone to show with me and enjoyed it.

This week's Great Music Monday comes from TSO's dvd production "Ghosts of Christmas Eve."

The video opens on a girl (Allie Sheridan) asleep in an abandoned theater as the lights from a small Christmas tree go out. As she opens her journal she finds someone (a Christmas Angel?) has left her a ticket home, some cash, and a handwritten note that simply says "Upon this night it is never too late." Enter Ossie Davis, the narrator, who tells us that our actions can have a huge impact on others. And thus we find a father, far away, reflecting in the light of others kindness.

The father is Tommy Farese, who sang this same song at the concert Saturday night.




Very powerful stuff. If you haven't ever seen the dvd, you need to get it. I still get chills when I watch it. It should be a Christmas classic in every home.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I've been playing it in my truck's stereo on the long drive to the city for work. I love that.

Petey said...

Brigid-Ever see them live? Worth every dime.

D. Skippy said...

I loved seeing them! I want to get tickets for my parents so they can go some time. I know my father will love the show and he's a tough one to please.

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. :)