Monday, January 12, 2009

Great Music Monday-I Can Only Imagine

First, Confessions.

#1. Yes, I am aware that my posting has been light recently. Even thought the Motley Crew have all returned home, several other things have kept me busy and I don't expect it to change this week. And next week will be no posting since I will be on vacation.

#2. While preparing tonight's GMM, I had the horrible realization that last week's GMM was a repeat. That is what I get for trying to blog too late at night. Forgive me please.

Now, on to the new music.

I haven't talked about it on here much, but I am a devout Christian. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and it is very important to me. But I don't try and shove it down other people's throats.

Part of my faith is spent in contemplation of Paradise. That place I will go when I come to the end of life's toilsome journey, and from my nerveless grasp shall drop forever the working tools of life.

And that is what this week's song is about. "I can only imagine." This great song is performed by the group Mercy Me and transcends genre. Last year while driving to Southern Illinois for a goose hunting trip, I put in a cd I had burned with this song on it and one of the other guys in the truck mentioned how much he liked this song, and the only stuff I ever heard him listen to was hard rock.

No comments: