Thursday, April 9, 2009

A time of need

I have mentioned before, that I am a member of the Ancient Free & Accepted Masons (often seen abbreviated A.F. & A.M.), aka Freemasons or Masons. It is an affiliation that I hold very near and dear to my heart. And that includes the appendent bodies. Besides being a Master Mason, I belong to the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite and have looked into joining other bodies as well.

The old figure that has been used for about 10 years is that Masons give, either through the regular Lodge activities or appendent bodies, over $2,000,000 every single day for charitable activities.

One of the most prominent parts of the amazing work Freemasons do is through the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (A.A.O.N.M.S.), aka Shriners, Hospitals for Childern.

And that is why this article bothered me so much.

Started in 1920, the 22 Shriners Hospitals provide 100% free care to children with burns, spinal cord injuries, and orthopedic problems.

A very good friend of mine has a son that would not be able to walk today if it wasn't for Shriner's Hospital, and there are literally hundreds of thousands of cases like this.

But at the 2009 Annual Meeting, they will be voting on whether or not to close 6 of the hospitals. This would be a tragedy for so many children and families who would have to travel farther to receive this world class specialized health care.

Basically, my Brothers need help to continue providing this care in all the locations they currently maintain.

So I am asking you, my readers, to help me help Shriners help childern.
Click HERE to make a donation. I did. And this is a tax deductable contribution.



Do you have an interest in joining the Ancient Free & Accepted Masons?

2B1ASK1


2 comments:

Contagion said...

It would indeed be a shame to see any of these hospitals close, but it would be a bigger shame to see all of them close because the fund dried up.

It's a catch 22. Unless some deep pocketed donations or huge fund raisers happen, I don't know how they are going to come up with the money.

I guess they could charge. But wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Let's hope for some financial miracle donations.

kaveman said...

Visit "Days if our Trailers" to join the Church of G.O.D.