Monday, June 30, 2008

Approaching O-Hour

1200 June 30: Well, I am just about 80 hours away from the O-Hour, a.k.a. the arrival of Omar.

Thursday night after work, my buddy Rendog and I are heading North for the pick up, then turn around a head back home.

That'll give me three days with Omar prior to heading back to work the following Monday.

Spent the whole weekend working on final preparations. Saturday was a trip to Galesburg to Lowes and Tractor Supply Co. for lumber, dog food, a couple of water dishes, and a couple Kongs.

Saturday I worked until 3:00am Sunday morning building the raised kennel. After a few hours of sleep, Sunday was spent building the dog house to attach to the kennel. Stupid manufacturer supplied really crappy directions and the sheet metal for the roof doesn't fit worth a shit. Thank goodness I work for a sheet metal contractor and can get a decent one fabricated that will fit like it is supposed to. Tonight will be either painting the kennel and house or building a training table.

Posting may be light this week. I am still working on the post I promised in the comments last week about the real implications of the Heller ruling last week.

But until then and to satisfy those who really need the cutesy tootsy artsy fartsy pictures to coo over, here is a picture from last week of Omar swimming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno...I think deep inside you might be the one who needs the Keyoootsy Toootsy Wootsy puppy photos. haha

Contagion said...

I think he's just trying to act like a proud father with out making it look like he's trying to act like a proud father.

Anonymous said...

I second that Contagion. Can't blame him though. Those are great lookin' dogs.