Monday, June 16, 2008

Great Music Monday-Ragged Old Flag

In 1974, Johnny Cash released and album that's title track is the selection for this week's "Great Music Monday."

Ragged Old Flag gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. And while the song is 34 years old, it is still very relevant to the current state of the country.

So please listen to this Great song and remember where we have come from, what we are, and what we need to be.





Also, a note, if you have a suggestion for some Great Music, drop me a note in the comments on any of these weekly posts. I'll check it out and if I agree that it is Great Music, it'll make the post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red says:
I'm glad you put that song on your blog. That is one of my all time favorite classics and yes it does get to me when I hear it. I just pray that I'm never handed a flag in honor of our Max.

Petey said...

Red:

I pray for Max daily. He is too stubborn to get hurt.

And I pray that every one of our service men and women come home safe and I pray for the families of those who haven't made it back.

Wes said...

Wow, just.... wow.

*wiping away tear*