Monday, June 30, 2008

Need a New...

...nervous habit.

Over the weekend while building the dog kennel and dog house, I did my normal nervous habit when I am concentrating on a project intently.

I was biting my lips.

And I don't mean a little bit. I have this totally sub-conscious habit where I get to focusing on something and I purse my lips together and then bite them.

Oh sure, at the time it seems harmless enough at the time. But, later in the day or the next morning, I realize what I have done. Like today, both lips have what feels like a scabbed over cut about 1/4" above and below the mouth. And they pretty much hurt like hell.

One of these days I am going to end up biting my lips off.

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

*L* I do something similar: I chew on the insides of my cheeks and end up tearing the insides of my mouth to shreds.