Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a weekend

It's 9:30 Sunday night and I am ready for bed.

As soon as the movie is over.

Dang. I am not normally this tired during the week.

Friday night, I was up late, and for the life of me I can't remember why. But it was after 12:30 before I hit the hay.

Saturday morning I had to be up early. And as I was taking my morning constitutional at 6:15 when my mother comes up the stairs to announce that there are cattle out. Well, that puts me in a bit of a rush. But by the time I get dressed and down stairs, the cattle have jumped the fence back into their pasture. Crisis averted.

So I feed Omar and we head up town for a 7:00am concrete pour of footings for an addition and a sidewalk at a friends house. It takes about an hour to get the concrete poured and then another to get everything finished and cleaned up.

I then headed to Canton to do some training with Omar. About an hour drive. It was a very good day. Got to explore some different ground, and put a live bird in front of him. Responded very well. After about 10 minutes, he was on a hard point, and had figured out how to work his nose into the wind. Plus, he got to run with some other puppies for a while. Also got to play around a big pond.

On the way back from Canton, I stopped at the Man From Ohio's and visited with him for about 3 hours. The worst part of the trip there? The stupid freaking "Scenic Drives." Those crazy bastards. In one town, I saw a line of people 9 blocks long waiting to go through a STOP sign. Idiots.

Finally, I got home, fed Omar and went back the friends house where I poured concrete in the morning to watch the Cubs game that didn't start til 9:00. If you don't know how it went, don't ask me. It just pisses me off. The three worst games of the season.

Finally, about 12:30am, I got to bed.

Slept til 11:00 this morning. As I am coming down stairs to take Omar outside and feed him, I slipped and fell, landing right on my ass and sliding down a couple of stairs. Luckily, Omar was about 4 steps behind me just looked puzzled at the string of profanity I let loose as I hobbled off the stairs hunched over. Tomorrow morning, I am going to be a chiropractor when he opens.

Had lunch with the parents and grandmothers followed by watching the Bears game and playing with Omar.

The rest of the afternoon has been spent trying to keep my back from hurting and planning for the week. Too much to do.

Now, time for bed.

1 comment:

Wes said...

That truly does suck dude. I can laugh about cracking my tail bone now, but at the time, it was just suck!