Monday, August 24, 2009

Great Music Monday-It's America

I know, I know. My posting lately has pretty much sucked. I've just been rather uninspired.

But then last week, was a special day. August 20th, a group of American Hero's returned home (to the town where I live) from Afghanistan to a well earned Hero's Welcome. I have a video that I shot going through town the night before of the preparations being made by citizens, local groups, and the city. Once it is uploaded, I will post it here.

But their return got me thinking about all the reasons that America is a great country. The Soldiers are always #1. But there are several other great things to celebrate in this country.

Rodney Atkins captured the spirit of America really well in his song, "It's America."

1 comment:

Kevin said...

1) Can't wait to see the video. Jealous that I was not there.

2) You should have posted Happy Birthday as your "Great Music Monday" since the 20th was also that, ya old man!