Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Preparations for a return home

This is a video I shot last Wednesday, August 19, of preparations in Galva, IL for the return home of a group of Illinois National Guard Soldiers.

There are flags ever 50'-100' for about 2 miles from the National Guard Armory building all the way to the edge of town. More things were done the next morning, but I wasn't able to get footage of it or the actual return. I simply couldn't get away from work, even though Lord knows I tried.

The video really doesn't do justice to how impressive town was for that day.



God Bless American, and keep and protect our troops. Bring them all home safely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red says:
I am always happy when the soldiers come home safely. One of my clients grandson just served several months in Afghanistan and he is on his way back to states unarmed. I was there when she got the call, not sure who was happier; her or me.