Monday, March 17, 2008

One last time

I am just about to finish my last pint of the night. And tomorrow, the real world beacons. I have to finish a bid by 10:00, that I didn't get plans for until after lunch today.

So I leave you with these final thoughts of the day.

From the Dubliners:


And from the now disbanded Royal Irish Regiment Live at Ulster Hall:


An Irish Blessing:



And the classic Irish Blessing:
May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall soft upon your fields
Until we meet again, May God hold you
In the hollow of his hand

(Evidently, I am going to have to record myself singing this song, as I can't find a version I like on you tube.)

And I will end the night with a group I just heard of yesterday and am impressed. One person even said they are the next generation's Clancy Brothers. So my final gift of the night, the High Kings performing their own arrangement of "Parting Glass."


Good night and God bless you all.

No comments: