Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Song That Started it All

So, for the High Holy Day of St. Patrick, I posted a LOT of videos of great Celtic music. However, one video I did not post yesterday is this one.



Yes, that is Garth Brooks singing. On the album Fresh Horses the last track on the CD was this song titled, "Ireland." I instantly fell in love with the song. I didn't actually have the CD, it was my older brother's and I would beg him to play it (I was in late elementary school when it was released). Truly, I believe this song is the root of why I listen to Celtic music all the time (I throw in stuff from across the spectrum, rock, oldies, classical, country, etc. pretty regularly). The CD case in my truck has 30-40 Celtic CD's in it, plus I have more in my desk at work, and a bunch of stuff downloaded to my computer at home and loads of videos saved on youtube.

So it is all Garth Brooks' fault. But I sure am glad it is.

No comments: