Monday, June 29, 2009

Great Music Monday-Only God Could Love You More

This past weekend, I had the great joy of going to the St. Louis suburbs for a very special wedding. You see, I have a small family; one brother, and each of my parents only has one sibling (Dad has two other siblings who died in childhood). Dad's sister is married and has three kids, and Mom has a sister. Outside of that, it goes to 2nd and 3rd cousins.

That is until Saturday afternoon. My aunt married a great guy. Now, my aunt is the same age as my Dad (I'm 26, almost 27, ballpark an age from there, cause I won't tell out of respect) and has never been married. They dated for almost 5-1/2 years, and waited until he finished his Master's Degree (graduated a week before the wedding). He also has a 9-year old son from a previous marriage.

This is an awesome union. Truly, a match ordained by God. And the ceremony reflected that their faith is the center of both their lives. Really, it was inspiring.

So this week, the Great Music is a song played at the reception that really describes their marriage and is in honor of my aunt and new uncle and cousin. Welcome to the family.

2 comments:

Graumagus said...

Congrats to the happy couple!

mom said...

Thank you for honoring them by including "their special song" on your Great Music Monday! It was very special--and a really neat song; it really expresses how they feel about one another.