Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Music Monday-Somewhere In Kentucky

Well, last week I missed posting some Great Music, I was out of town at a conference for work.

But this week, I have something very special for you. A reader suggestion.

My good friend, Wil, suggested several great songs last year. And I kept a list of them, and have been looking for decent videos to use.

This week, I found such a video for one of the songs. Somewhere In Kentucky.

Tom T. Hall is one of the classic country and bluegrass artists of the 20th century, recording cult classics I Love and I Like Beer.

Somewhere In Kentucky is written by Tom T. and his wife, Miss Dixie, and was recorded on the album Tom T. Hall Sings Miss Dixie and Tom T., a compilation of songs written by the couple, selected by Miss Dixie as part of a Christmas present from Tom T., and recorded live.

The song is the story of a man working in an Ohio mill, who wants to go home to his love, who is waiting in Kentucky.

No comments: