Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cue the disco ball and red lights

Cause their about to get it on.

I had an e-mail the other night from my dog breeder. He sent picture of the sire and bitch he is going to use in his breeding this spring. I am on the list to get one of the male puppies out of this litter.

The Sire


The Bitch

In case you don't recognize them, these dogs are Spinoini Italianos
Spinonis are and old breed, with appearances in paintings going back centuries. However, the AKC has only recognized them for 8 years. They are a versatile hunting breed and run in the NAVHDA (North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association). They point, retrieve, retrieve waterfowl, can blood track, among other things. In World War II, Americans taught them to track Nazis by their boot polish.

I am planning to train the pup I get myself. We'll see how that goes.

There will be lots of pictures and stories in the coming months.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like fine dogs. Good luck with the training. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Those are good looking dogs. I've never seen them before. I'll have to look into them.

Unknown said...

you should name your new dog "Sir Reginald"

Anonymous said...

Red says:
I'm thinking King James :)

Contagion said...

If we're naming the dogs, I vote for Seamus, it's a good scottish name.