Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Follow Up to WIU Threat

A question for you all.

How would you react if you were a student at Western Illinois University and received notice of a threat of a shooting?

Since WIU is my Alma Mater, and I have A LOT of friends still in Macomb, many of them students. I have thought through this scenario many times today (and on many other occasions-or similar situations).

The campus was not actually locked down, and classes were still in session. I think I would have still gone to class. I very seldom missed class in school. No, I am not a geek, but I took my education seriously and was rewarded for it. But that is not why I would go to class. I would go because I refuse to let fear run my life. Granted, I would have been slightly nervous. The only way that I wouldn't have been nervous would be if I could have been armed with my pistol.

I still can't understand why the government wants criminals armed better than law-abiding citizens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a student at WIU right now, and I thought the exact same thing. If someone knew that there were a hundred armed students in the room packing pistols, do you think he would be stupid enough to start shit with his own gun?