Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He is still a Human

I know a LOT of people don't like President George W. Bush. And granted, there has been more than a few times he has done or said something I disagree with.

However, from the time I voted in my first Presidential Election in 2000 and voted for Bush the first time, I have had the utmost respect for the man.

I believe he is very straight-forward and genuine. I have never questioned where he stood on an issue. I might not agree with him, but I know where he is at and that he will remain there. He doesn't flip-flop based on what is popular. And I respect that. He is a man of personal conviction and faith.

Yahoo had an interesting set of videos up today. Mike Allen of Politico.com did an Oval Office Interview with President Bush. They talked about everything from his daughter's wedding, to baseball, to Will Ferrel and Dana Carvey impressions of W. and his father, the economy, congress, to Myanmar and China and how he misses being able to e-mail his pals. It was a very insightful look at the very human side of the most powerful man in the free world. Go over and watch either the clips or the whole interview. The link above takes you to the video of Bush doing a pretty bad impression of Dr. Evil. If you go to the bottom of the video list there is the whole interview-about 23 minutes. Or watch a bunch of the clips.

Whether you like him or hate him, it is worth watching. At least to get a little perspective on the man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geoge Wart human????? Not f#$king likly.
wil

Petey said...

We've all said the same thing about you, Wil.

Contagion said...

Not a fan of the man, his politics or well anything about him. I didn't vote for him in 04.

Wes said...

I voted for G.W. unashamedly. Yeah, he's pissed me off w/ some of his policies (mostly domestic), but I can say, I've never felt "talked down to" by him. He says what he means & means what he says, & the consequences be damned.

I can't say the same for the three liberal elitists running for the job now.

Anonymous said...

Is Bush perfect - no.
Is Gore or Kerry - absolutely no!

The man has character and integrity and that is far more than I can say about Gore (Inconvenient Lies), Kerry, Hillary and Obama.

I wish that he made the right decision 100% of the time (heck, I wish that I did) and it would be great if he could dazzle a crowd with his wit and banter.

However, I know that he is doing what he thinks is best for the Country and that he does it with class and respect for the Office.