Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Perspective

Found via Kim du Toit.


Go Read.

Update #2 especially.

Probably the best perspective I have read about the 2008 quagmire that is trying to be passed off for an election.

Bidinotto brings up "the GOP will suffer crushing defeats at the congressional level in November." My one thought on this is the Dems ran on a platform of changing things in 2006, gaining seats and putting Pelosi into the Speaker's chair. Pelosi made a lot of extravagant promises of things they were going to do and have failed to get most of them accomplished. Hopefully, the GOP can use this failure against the libtards this year and unseat some of them.

Personally, I would love to see two libtards around me get unseated. First off, the Congressman from the 17th district, which I live in, Phil Hare. I really hate him with a passion. He is nothing more than a carbon copy of he predecessor (for whom Hare was a chief of staff), Lane Evans. The other, was just elected in March to serve out the remainder of longest serving Speaker of the House in history, Dennis Hastert's seat in the 14th district.. Democrat Bill Foster won the seat over Jim Oberweis. I really like Oberweis, a former Gubenatorial and Senatorial candidate for Illinois. A third seat that I will be watching closely this year is the IL 18th District, where long serving Congressman Ray LaHood is retiring. The GOP Candidate is a young guy named Aaron Schock. He is 26, and has already been on the Peoria School Board (at the age of 19), including being the President there, and has served in the Illinois General Assembly, among other accolades.





It is going to be a long year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is Hare going to be defeated if the GOP can't even field a candidate against him?

Petey said...

I talked to my State Rep. Don Moffit about someone running in November against Hare. The conversation was already being had.

Here is my solution.

VOTE PETEY IN '08.

And that is actually not a total joke. I have said it before, I am seriously considering a run for Congress just to give us a Conservative choice.