Tuesday, May 13, 2008

He's Arrived

I am way the hell behind in getting this posted. Last week just got away from me.

A week ago today (Tuesday) I had an e-mail and a phone call from the dog breeder.

The puppies had arrived on Monday. Kita went into labor about 3:15am and the last of the 5 puppies was born after 7:00pm by c-section. The last two were both born by c-section.

3 males and 2 females. The females and one of the males are white, and the other 2 males are brown and white. The breeder named them: Bodie (brown male), Kima (white female), Omar (brown male), Bubbles (white female), Cutty (white male).

Hopefully in the next few weeks I can make a trip up to the breeders (about a 2 hour 15 min drive).

Figuring the breeder will keep the puppies with the mother for about 8 weeks, I should bring my puppy home around the 4th of July. I am excited and nervous. We have always had a farm dog, but a hunting dog is a whole new ball game for me. I have never tried to do training to that level that I will require of myself.


Now, my other task in preparation for the puppy's arrival, getting my kennel and run constructed, along with cleaning out some space in my room for his crate for nights.


If anybody has any pointers, I am glad to get any advice/help I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only advice I can give (and this will be obvious) is that you MUST get the one named Omar. We all know why!

Petey said...

But then everyone will just want to call him squatch.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when your showing up.

Cameron said...

I personally see you with Bubbles. :)