Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New License Plates

Well, it is that time of year. You all know the time. When the Secretary of State sends your annual bend over and take it notice.

Also known as the license plate renewal notice.

And since I am a VERY Proud Master Mason (a.k.a. Freemason), I am going to change from my standard issue B truck plates to Master Mason plates.

It costs an extra $25 a year, but that goes to the Illinois Masonic Foundation for the Prevention of Drug and Alcohol Abuse Among Children. I had them on my old trucks, but they were actually registered to my dad, who is also a Master Mason. When I bought my current truck new in 2005, I didn't get the Masonic plates. And then last year when my renewal notice came, I was between jobs and couldn't afford the upgrade. But now I can.

And here is what I need from you, my faithful readers (and not so faithful passers-by), I am looking for recommendations for what I should have put on the new plates. I am either going personalized or vanity plates. Vanity plate option: Must limit alpha letters to max. 4 characters and numbers to 2 or 3 digits (ABCD or 123). Personalized plate option: A space must separate letter/number combinations. (A 123 or AB 12 or ABC 1).

I had a few ideas. Like ONW, KJIV, BEVR, ADAM, SPNR, HNTR, GOOS, DUCK, KJ 4.

So please, leave in the comments if you like one of those or if you have another idea that you think would be fitting for me. I have about a week before I have to send in my renewal.

*************************************************************************

Here's another one I thought of: FOWL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some that come to mind are PT (insert number here), 12 GA, TRUK, MNT 1, 7 MIL, TRPR, SKNR, IMGR 8, BIGN, and SHOT 1.

Cameron said...

TUFF 1?
CRAZ 8?
3M TA3? (I like that one, looks good in rear few mirrors)

Contagion said...

The problem with coming up with personalized plates is getting ones that no one else has.