Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Boycott those

who would violate your rights and privacy.

I first saw this story on Yahoo last night, and then this morning read about it at Joe Huffman's.

Wal-Mart has sidled up to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg and decided that they will go beyond the requirement of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and now will keep a record database of every gun purchased in Wal-Mart stores. Then they will track guns used in crime, and if they find a gun purchased at Wal-Mart is used in a crime, they will offer up the record to police and if the purchaser tries to purchase another gun at a later time, they will be denied purchase based on this past record. And then to top it off, they will also be video taping your transaction and will provide the video to police as well.

Chris Cox, Director of the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action said it best, "None of these joint Wal-Mart/Mayor Bloomberg initiatives will lower crime, because they ignore the real cause of crime -- criminals." (via The View from North Central Idaho)

This is what happens when the libtards convince the idiots among us that personal responsibility doesn't belong in their communist utopia. You want to go out and shoot somebody? Sure go ahead, it's not your fault, blame the gun. And when your kid misspells a word in school it is the fault of the pencil, and the calculator is the reason they didn't get the right answer on the math test.

Brad Stine says it best.


This, for me, is the final straw. I have had it with Wal-Mart. Already I avoided them as much as possible, but now, I am done. Not going back.

Sebastian of Snowflakes in Hell put this up first, and I did it, too. Tell Wal-Mart they are out of bounds on this. I sent my notice of disdain this morning. My text is below.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am very disappointed to learn that Wal-Mart has agreed to join forces with an organization that advocates the violation of one of our most essential rights as Americans. Michael Bloomberg's "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" is not about illegal guns, it is about violating the rights of American citizens. The agreement to keep records and video of customers who purchase guns in your stores is nothing more than allowing yourselves to become a back door means to an end that Bloomberg and his associates have not been able to force through legislation. The first step to confiscation is registration, and that is what you are doing. As a seller of firearms, you are already required by law to keep a record for no less than ten years of all transactions. However, to take it upon yourselves to go beyond the requirements of the law and then not only allow but offer up your records is a violation of individuals privacy.

It is because of your decision to violate the privacy of law abiding citizens, and to associate with those who would attack the very foundations on which this country is erected, that I will no longer patronize any Wal-Mart store. This is not just for any firearm, ammunition, or shooting supply purchase, but for all purchases of any goods. I will also encourage everyone I know to do participate in a personal boycott of Wal-Mart.

Fair thee well.
(Petey)
Galva, IL


So, now I call on all of you to join me in a full boycott of Wal-Mart. Don't patronize their stores. Support local businesses, especially local gun shops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kinda puts me in a predicament. I work for wal-mart's private fleet. So, not shopping at a wal-mart is like bidding against my own stock (without a chance for further profit:) ). I will cease all purchase of fire arm supplies and any other supply that I can (anything but food). I'll kinda go half way, on your request. I work for the devil, and supply the saints with amunition. Ain't it great, lol!
Dragon Fly

Contagion said...

I boycott Walmart already just because I hate them. I really do try to avoid buying anything from Wally World if I can help it. Even if it costs more money somewhere else.

Plus I really can't boycott purchasing firearms at the local Walmarts, because they don't sell any.