Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Choice is Made

It has been a good weekend.

The Cubs have swept the White Sox and extended their home winning streak to 14 games and an overall 20 games over .500 record of 48-28. All in all, a really nice series for the Cubs. (as a side note: If you are in the Chicago area, head out to Lombard to Harry Caray's Steakhouse, where as long as the Cubs continue their home winning streak, Old Style beers are just $0.45)

Last night, I was in Rockford and met up with Contagion, Wes, and later Graumagus (of the currently defunct Frizzensparks). Wes, Contagion, and I met at Carlyle Brewery Co. Contagion and I were there about 10 minutes after 5:00, and stayed until 11:00. Wes joined us between 8:00 and 9:00. All in all, we drank 27 pints of dang good beer. We sang some Irish drinking songs, like the Galway Bay parody, Parting Glass, and the shanty Sailor's Prayer. When we left Carlyle, we went to Contagions, had a few more beers, and a bunch of hot dogs left from Contagions fun day at work.

The real reason I was at Rockford was because I had been out to the dog breeder's at Poplar Grove, looking at the puppies again and making my final decision on which puppy I am going to take.

The final decision: OMAR!!!!!

So on July 3rd, I will be heading up again after work to pick him up and head back that night. Bringing him home on the 3rd allows me to have 3 days at home with him to get him acclimated to my place. And then the training begins. 3-4 times a day. Plus, lots of other little bits of basics. The thing about Omar, he is HUGE. Doesn't even look like he is from the same litter as the others.

And for those of you who have to have the cutsy tootsy fix, excessively cute puppy pics.

Omar-almost like he is on point
Omar-walking across the carpet. Where the heck did he get that gay tail? He didn't have that last time.

Look at the camera!
Time to sleep
The 5 litter mates. clockwise from the bottom left. Bubbles (F, pink collar), Stringer (M, Lime Green collar), Kima (F, Purple collar), Bodie (M, Red Collar), Omar (M, Blue Collar-my pup).

Grandpa T-Bird. As the breeder says-if the pups turn into 1/4 of the dog grandpa is, they will be great dogs. T-Bird has been featured on 2 magazine covers, and at least one t.v. show as well. I was really glad to learn that he is part of the pedigree on these pups. T-Bird and Dia are the Sire and Bitch of the Kita, who is the Bitch for this litter.

So, now I have to finish the final preparations for the arrival. Finish the kennel, get my bedroom cleaned up and the crate set up, build a training table, and install a septic system. Finish reading a couple more books. Hopefully, all goes well.

3 comments:

Contagion said...

It was a good time. I'm glad you could stop by and help reduce the surplus beer in Rockford.

You were right, he is notiecably larger than the rest.

Petey said...

Just call me:

The Reducer.



And most of these pictures don't really do justice. I thought I had a picture of Omar and Bodie next to each other, but it might be on the cameras I took in to get developed.

D. Skippy said...

Re: The Sleep Pic

OOHH! The casualties! Poor things.