Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Puppy update

Last Saturday afternoon I took off heading North. First things first, I made a stop in Rockford to meet up Contagion, Ktreva, Wes, and Bruce Wayne at Carlyle Brewing Co. Wes was a buzz killer and left early, after arriving late. Wes-you suck. At least you made it for a little while.

About 7:00, Contagion, Ktreva, and Bruce Wayne had to head to a football game and I was
off to the dog breeders.

I left Sunday afternoon, around 5:30. Sunday the folks getting one of the females and the guy getting the white male were there as well to view their puppies. And to top it all off, the owners of the sire came down from Wisconsin and brought him along. Huge. 96lbs, which is big for a Spinone.

The puppies are growing like weeds. The biggest male, Omar, was 9lbs on Saturday night when we weighed them. The little female was 6 lbs 12 ozs. The other three were all in the 7 lbs range. Sunday, we had them out into the damp grass three times, and exposed them to a quail the flight feathers plucked so all it could do was run. And, since the breeder is just naturally loud, I don't think there will be any problems with the dog being gun shy. He said the other day he dropped the metal pan he uses to feed them with and it didn't even bother the puppies. With all the rain and since he hadn't cleaned his gutters, the breeder was also getting a little bit of water in the basement room where the puppies stay and he ran a shop vac several times to clean up the water and it didn't bother the pups.

Right now, it looks like I will go up on July 3rd to pick up my pup. That will give me 3 days at home to get him used to being at my house and to being away from the litter-mates.

And now, since I have rambled on long enough, here are the pictures.





















All 5 puppies. The white pups from L to R: Bubbles (F), Kima (F), Stringer (M). The Brown males, on the left is Bodie and on the right is Omar.



















Omar.




















Omar playing with a paper towel tube.




















Omar: "Why aren't you playing, too?"





















Bubbles (L) and Omar with a big yawn.






































Now, that is a look from Kima.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looking dogs dude.

Wes said...

Yeah, yeah, I suck. I was lucky to get out for that little bit!

It was good seeing you, even for that short time. I won't have to bug out next time you're in town... just so long as I know you're in town. :-)

Nice looking dogs, btw.

Anonymous said...

Also, sorry. Tag.

KTreva said...

Which one is yours? tellme!tellme!