Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Great Music Monday-Angels Among Us

I know, I know, I know. I am a day late.

But this week's Great Music Monday is worth the wait.

One of my favorite country groups of all time is Alabama. They were making awesome music before I was born, including greats like "Down Home," "Born Country," Roll On (18 Wheeler)," "Cheap Seats," Dixieland Delight," "High Cotton," "If You're Gonna Play in Texas," and lots of others. At least 41 Number 1 hits in their repertoire.

I saw them in concert twice prior to their retirement. Once at the Illinois State Fair and then when they were on their American Farewell Tour. Not a flashy show, just lots of great music.

But they have one song in particular that really hits me. "Angels Among Us." This song ranks very near the top of my all-time favorites. When I was searching for a good video tonight, I played the selection below and it literally gave me goose bumps multiple time.

It is a beautiful mix of Randy Owen's vocals, the children's choir, strings, and piano.

Listen to the lyrics, and think about when you were an angel to someone.





As always, leave thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

2 comments:

Wes said...

That gave me goosebumps dude. Good song. :)

Anonymous said...

Red says:
That song has always got to me. You know my job involves going around helping elderly & handicap. One of my ladies introduced me to her friend as Tina our guardian angel. This is not a high paying job, but compliments like that make up for it. I truly enjoy my job because I'm helping to ease the burdens in their everyday lives.