Saturday, August 2, 2008

I've been a bad bad boy

No, not like that you sickos. Get your mind out of the gutters.

I have been totally remiss in getting some very important things done. It all started a year and a half ago.

While on an annual trip to Northern Wisconsin, I purchased a Marlin 917VSF. Which is a .17HMR chambered rifle, and then on the return trip I picked up as BSA Sweet 17 scope to mount on it. The scope was mounted withing a week, but the gun has yet to be fired.

Then, this spring, I decided that I wanted to add a side by side double barrel shotgun to my "collection." After doing some price checking, I decided on the Stoeger Uplander Combo, with the 12 gauge and 20 gauge barrels. I already have a Stoeger Condor and have had good luck with it which influenced my decision to add another. The sadness, all four barrels still sit, unfired.

An then early this summer, while browsing the circular for a sporting goods store, I saw a couple of sales that piqued my interest. First, was a Taurus PT1911. Brazilian gun manufacturer Taurus' take on the John Moses Browning classic 1911, which was the American Military Pistol for nearly a century. The second, a Smith & Wesson SW40VE, which is from the Sigma Series Pistols. Well, I decided that I needed both of these. So I made the purchase. And where are they now? Still in their cases with loaded magazines, but never fired.


WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is a situation that must be remedied very soon.

The one nice thing about unemployed, I have some free time when I am not up to my eyeballs on job boards. And really, it will make a good break up of the monotony.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me know when you want to break 'em in. I got one that needs benched and another not yet fired! I feel your pain!
Dragonfly

Anonymous said...

Christ! Whats wrong with you people?! The longest I went without shooting a new fire arm was 2 weeks and that was my Tec9 and that's only because I live in the city and can't to out in my backyard and shoot without going to jail.

Anonymous said...

I haven't fired my Sigma yet. But living in Kalifornia I have to be carefull where I go shooting.

Petey said...

Chief-you have a descent reason to not have shot yet. I don't.

I can literally walk out the back door of the house far enough to close the door and start shooting.

I. Am. Pathetic.

And I know.