Monday, August 11, 2008

TSO Tour Announced

Great news for some Great Music.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra has announced their Christmas Tour Dates for 2008.

For those of you who have never seen them, the show is amazing. A mix of Christmas Classics with a rock twist, and a 1980's rock light show. The first half of the show is a Rock Opera for the Christmas season, and the second half is a showcase of several other pieces. Some of there own takes on Classic Rock, to stuff from their Rock Opera "Beethoven's Last Night," and even the only live version of "O Fortuna" from Carl Orff's "Carmena Burana."

The shows close to me are in Peoria on Friday December 12, and in Moline on Saturday December 13.

If you want to see some video of what their concerts are like, check out their YouTube channel HERE. Or see the live video of Requiem below (caution-it may be seizure inducing).



I highly recommend, if you can, to go. Well worth the time and money. But as a note, if your eyes are sensitive to lots of flashes and such, bring your sunglasses.


(Any of my friends who want to join me at the show, let me know as I buy tickets in September)

No comments: