Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Interview

Went to the interview.

Very Strange.

Two separate interviews. This company does a different style of interview than I have ever had. They called in a Behavioral Based. Both interviews went the same way. "Tell me about a time when x happened?" X could be "when you encouraged a peer to excel" or "when you got someone who is more timid to speak up" or "when your plan turned out to be wrong." I kinda knew this is how it would be, but it really threw me for a loop. Felt like I struggled more than in any other interview I have ever had.

Really, I have no idea how well it went. I can't tell if I nailed it, or if I came across like a fish out of water.

Really, I am up in the air as to whether I would accept a job offer or not. 55 miles each way. Plus some on call time. But 39 paid days off a year. 15 vacation, 5 sick, 4 floating holiday, 9 paid company holidays, plus 6 summer Fridays. And because of the type of work, they kept telling me the pay is supposed to be really good.

We'll see.



I am still thinking of doing a home business and just being self employed.

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

I hate it when they do that. Whenever I'm put on the spot, my mind goes completely blank.