Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Project Update

Well, since Contagion is a whinny little bastard and actually expects me to post the stuff I say I will when I say I am going to, here is a belated update of The New Project.

The day started with a laying out the basic shape of the paddle.



After layout, cutting out the blank.



Then, more layout of the finished shape to be able to start removing wood.



I didn't get as far as I originally planned, but for a first attempt at a a really different design compared what I normally produce, not terrible. By the time I actually try to produce a few of these, it should be down to the normal 3-4 hours each.


I did make a little more progress today, for those of you coming to Heritage Days at Galesburg in a week and a half (holy crap), this finished product should be there for display.




Anybody want to place an order?
Kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red says:
Have to wait until the paddle whore Wil returns home from work. It's been several months since he purchased a paddle for his collection. What really need is for the Ark builder's friends to purchase their own paddles instead of using ours all the time. We hinted that you & another guy would be at Galesburg Heritage Days.

Wes said...

Can't wait to see you at Galesburg! I'll be bringing my oldest down with me; she enjoyed Theatiki so much, she wants to go to every event now! I'm glad _someone_ in my family wants to...

Looking forward to seeing the new paddle, too. (That's one thing I never thought I'd ever say...) ;-)

KTreva said...

I need a custom made teeny tiny paddle for me....what can we work out? :)